Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Farm insurance is crucial to your operation’s financial stability. Contact Slyman Insurance Group today to learn more about your options and get personalized quotes.
What’s Agricultural Insurance?
Agricultural insurance, also called farm insurance, is a group of policies and endorsements tailored to meet your needs. Farm and ranch insurance is designed to provide appropriate financial protection for your organization.
How Does Farm Insurance Work?
Farm insurance typically includes three coverage types to help protect your livestock, machinery and farm products. Your agent will work with you to customize your coverage to incorporate high-value animals, other property and crops if those policies are appropriate.
What Does Farm Insurance Cover?
Your agent may recommend numerous insurance policies and endorsements for your farm and ranch operation or hobby farm, including the following:
- General liability insurance—This policy may help pay for your legal liability for third-party injuries and property damage.
- Commercial auto insurance—This coverage is required for any Ohio company, including farms, using vehicles for everyday business. It helps cover your farm’s legal liability for at-fault accidents resulting in bodily injuries or property damage. Your agent can help you customize this coverage to include appropriate liability limits and coverage for farm-owned vehicles.
- Farm dwelling insurance—If you live on-site, this supplemental coverage may provide coverage for your home.
- Farm structures insurance—This policy may help repair or replace outbuildings, garages, barns, sheds and other structures on your property.
- Farm equipment insurance—This coverage may help pay to repair or replace high-value farm machinery, such as trailers, combines and tractors.
- Crop insurance—This stand-alone coverage may help cover crop losses due to covered events such as hail, natural disasters, fire or drought.
- Livestock insurance—This supplemental coverage may help provide compensation if a covered event results in the death or injury of your farm’s animals.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This coverage may help pay medical bills and partially replace wages if an employee is injured or becomes ill in a work-related accident or incident. Ohio requires employers to provide this coverage.
- Umbrella insurance—This policy helps extend the liability coverage of your organization’s other coverages.
How Much Is Farm Insurance?
Your Farm insurance policy premiums are based on numerous factors about your farm and ranch operations and the coverages you choose. Your agent can help you understand the factors that affect your premiums. Insurers use proprietary algorithms to set premiums, so it’s in your best interests to get multiple quotes.
How to Get Farm Insurance
Ohio farms face numerous risks and perils that threaten profits. Appropriate insurance can help your farm or ranch remain financially stable, even when unexpected events affect your ability to make money.
Contact Slyman Insurance Group in Gahanna, Ohio, to start building your customized farm insurance plan.